We buy books by appointment only
Call to schedule a day and time to bring in your books
Buying times fill quickly, so plan to schedule 1-2 weeks in advance
Students may drop in to sell textbooks Mon-Fri 10-4
Please read the following buying guidelines:
- We pay cash for books (no trade or credit).
- We only buy books in very good condition (no soiling, stains, tears, markings, stickers, strong scents or odors). Please examine your books carefully and do not bring books that require cleaning or repairs.
- Bring your books in clean bags or clean boxes
- Plan to drop off your books during your scheduled appointment
- Depending on the quantity and type of books you are selling, we may ask you to leave the books for 24 hours.
- Current identification required from all sellers. Textbooks may require student identification.
We buy all kinds of good books and are happy to look at one book or many boxes at a time. We buy in-print and out-of-print books in all subjects, including popular titles, textbooks, academic subjects, best sellers, rare/vintage, hardback, paperback, children’s, art, and music. Our buyers are always interested in quality books for people of all ages and interests to read, use, or collect.
If you have a very large collection of unique, interesting, academic, or out-of-print/rare books in good condition, we encourage you to contact us to discuss options for selling your books.
We never buy:
- Books that are dirty, damaged, or with strong odors
- Out-dated, heavily marked, damaged textbooks
- Christian ministry, Christian self help publications
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Books in fair/poor condition purchased online or from thrift stores
- Numbered sets with missing volumes
- Books from Little Free Libraries
Some subjects become out-dated very fast. If you are selling business, health, computer, or travel books, check the copyright date. If a book in these subjects is more than five years old, it is probably out-dated. We always buy current books in these subjects, but not older editions.
In the end, use common sense. If you are unsure, let our buyers decide. We are always looking for more good books.
We have been buying and selling used textbooks since 1974. Our buyers use several online tools to set prices based on current demand at area schools, wholesale prices, and our own store’s needs and interests. We offer competitive prices on all current edition textbooks in good condition. We do not buy textbooks that are damaged or out-dated. In general, it is always worth checking our buyback prices before selling textbooks to online sellers or pop-up buyers.
Current student or faculty ID and a valid driver’s license are required for textbook buyback. Exceptions are some times made for people who graduated or who moved here from other areas. Please call us if you have any questions about textbook buyback or ID requirements.